- Pedagogy and didactics
- Intercultural/intergenerational education and lifelong learning
- Quality improvement Institutions and/or methods (incl school development)
- approx. 120 pre-school children
- caretakers and the pre-school staff
- The children take initiative in developing their skills in new areas.
- They gained self-confidence, communication and social skills.
- The teachers reinforced their professional development- the new methods are documented and shared.
- The mutual support among the staff has been strengthened and the educators gain more insight into their own roles and boosted their confidence in children’s abilities.
- The project involved the whole staff which showed in planning, preparing the mobilities and follow-up.
- Learning and development of the project was continuously shared at staff meetings.
- New learning spaces were created, installed, developed and changed according to the children´s interests.
- New co-operation with a local technical centre was established as well as with a textile museum on reusable materials.
- The project was the teachers’ initiative as they wanted to develop a working method based on a common value and to support the children´s second language skills.
- Inspired by two courses in the Reggio Emilia they developed a new work plan for the organization.
- The teachers also found a more self-reflective way of working.
- The project and the experiences are shared at monthly meetings at the preschool and with all the preschools in the municipality every semester.
- The project was shared via social media, created for the project.
- The children´s motivation to learn the second language grew noticeably,
- Peer learning among the children was established.
- A proactive attitude was promoted– choosing the subject of the current project and influencing the process.
- The staff built a common value base for understanding their work and an ongoing exchange of experiences and insights.
- They developed a more reflective and self-critical work method.
- The caretakers were involved in the project and constantly kept up to date about the current projects and
- They were encouraged to take a more active role in teaching their children.
- The preschool started co-operations with local organizations and welcomed visits from other preschools, implemented teacher training programmes and invited politicians.
- Postijiet tal-proġett
- Project category
- Early childhood education and care
- Project year
Associazione Progettinfanzia Bassa Reggiana