- Inspiring play culture to help the development
- In harmony with nature and the environment
- Inclusive and encouraging dialogue across cultures
- 7 partners
- 5 countries
- 5 kindergartens
MLO project approached a methodological framework constituted by four approaches:
- Conceptual- related to the conceptualization of data collection materials and subsequent training activities.
- Descriptive- related to portraying children’s perceptions and behaviour in the socio-physical environment.
- Participant- related to the active involvement of teachers and children as active co-researchers in the project.
- Making contact and attracting interest outside the project circle, from schools and local universities.
- Extending activities into a broader local community (e.g. repairing a playground in one of the schools, invitations to conduct training in the other)
- Endorsing outdoor learning activities while playing NGO in Greece
- emphasised the importance of physical and outdoor activities (despite different weather conditions)
- applied new methods and tools for outdoor activities
- increased ability to contribute to the child’s physical and motor, social, emotional and cognitive development
- raised awareness of the right atmosphere inside and outside the classroom leading to new ways of organizing the school year
- improved schools curricula
- developed good rapport with parents and encourage them to be more involved in the school life
- raised awareness of teamwork developed in a multicultural and multidisciplinary context
- Empowering teachers, caretakers and educators to transform their daily practice with children
- Providing the preschool and its staff with the necessary tools and skills to improve and Promote playing outdoors
- Promoting a better and healthier lifestyle for the children
- Contributing to preventing early school leaving and improving children’s future academic results
- Project category
- Early childhood education and care
- Project year
Faculdade de Motricidade Humana (University of Lisbon), Lisbon
AE Madeira Torres – JI/EB Conquinha, Torres Vedras
NGO Playing, Athens
Queen Maud University, Trondheim
Kindergarden Naba, Tallinn
Kindergarden Matije Gupka, Zagreb