- Learning through practice
- Non-formal education
- Modern school facilities
- Innovative vocational training
- Maintenance of urban green spaces
- Renewable energy training and promoting
- Developing Key Competencies
- 20 landscape design
- 20 construction
- 12 renewable energy
- 2 HVAC
- 12 vocational training teachers
- The participants (teachers and students) set up a didactic garden with a wide range of ornamental and useful plants on the school patio.
- Landscape design and construction students maintain the garden.
- They learnt teamwork, task planning and time management and tried out their landscape design ideas.
- This year within the „Green ZST” project they started a vegetable garden and vertical gardens - green walls covered with creeping plants. Students also modelled a small green roof and opened a plant shelter.
ZST supports innovative learning by means of:
- adding subjects on ecology to the curriculum (Sustainable buildings in cities, Circular Economy)
- projects in cooperation with local authorities and institutions
- adjusting teachers' timetables for teaching in the school garden or outside the school
- making use of school premises so that students can practice plant and tree keeping and setting up planters, benches, boxes etc.
- creative disseminating of projects results (a contest for a mural design depicting a project logo and its opening ceremony)
- ZST team of teachers initiates a lot of projects in and outside the school.
- By sharing their knowledge acquired during mobility they aim to perfect vocational training methods and improve school facilities.
- 60% of our teachers have had experience in international cooperation, which resulted in the following initiatives:
- acquiring funds for teaching equipment (Fuel Cell Sets, plumbing equipment, drawing tables)
- organizing practical training in cooperation with employers and higher education institutions
- doing landscaping projects for the local community
- running ecological contests for local schools (My Energy, Energy-efficient House, Colors of Spring)
- In the school garden students work in a professional team and they practice all aspects of their job: designing, planting, placing boxes etc.
- Teachers use their skills to run projects outside the school. https://zst.czest.pl/przedszkolaki-maja-ogrod-dydaktyczny/
- They also created a sensory garden for children with special educational needs. https://zst.czest.pl/ogrod-sensoryczny-w-zespole-szkol-specjalnych-nr-2…
- Guided by their teachers, students share their knowledge with the youth from primary schools during workshops (solar panels demonstrations, connecting pipes, cutting plants, bricklaying).
- Projektets lokaliteter
- Project category
- VET schools
- Project year
Zespół Szkół Technicznych w Częstochowie
Universal Mobility SL
Associacao de Mobilidade Intercultural Euromob
Berufsförderungswerk e.V. des Bauindustrieverbandes Berlin-Brandenburg e.V.